Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Playa del Carmen!


Chris and I decided to take a little vacation to the beach! We went to Playa del Carmen Mexico! It was a blast! We left on a Thursday and had to get up EARLY! I took a picture of the clock so you would see what time we had to get up! I am used to going to bed at this time, not getting up at this time!!!

Our plane left at 7 a.m. so we had to leave the house around 4:15a.m. We arrived in Cancun around 9:30 a.m. Once we got our bags and through customs, we finally found our van that would take us to Playa. This was a long trip because there were 6 other people in the van with us and we had to drop them off at their resorts. We got to our resort around noon, and were so excited to get to the pool!
It was breathtaking!!! The water in Playa is so beautiful!

We went to an all-inclusive resort which was absolutely the way to go! We had beverages and food all day and it felt like it was free-hehe! It was nice to just walk up to the bar or snack bar and not have to worry about bringing a wallet! We enjoyed laying out each day and each night we would go eat. It was date night each night:)

On Friday evening, we went to a specialty restaurant on the resort called The Italian. ( real original, I know!) Let me just tell you...it was the best Italian food Chris and I have had in a long time. Chris ordered Chicken Parmigian and he said it was the best he had ever eaten! Who would have thought we would have to go to Mexico to have the best Italian food? They brought out each course and it looked like something you would eat in a 6 star restaurant or see on the Food Network. The presentation was beautiful! While we were enjoying our dinner, a storm blew in and it rained for maybe 20 minutes and then didn't rain again the entire trip. What a relief! After the rain, it was cool and so pretty.
We went down to the beach and looked out at the waves coming in. This was my favorite part of the trip, relaxing by the beach at night listening to the ocean. It made me wish that we lived on a beach somewhere. Wouldn't it be nice to sit out on a patio each night and listen to the ocean...it is one of my most favorite sounds!


On Saturday, we swam and enjoyed the water all day! We went to the other specialty restaurant called The Mexican that night. Where they come up with these names, I don't know:) During the day, Chris and I were talking and he thought he would think the food was good and I would be disappointed. I asked why and he said he had no hopes of the food being good and I had high expectations for it. Chris doesn't care for Mexican food. We were both pleasantly surprised again by the presentation and food! It was ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL!!! That night we sat down by the beach again for a great night!


1 comment:

Shelley said...

PURA VIDA!! I´m glad you had a great time. I´m catching up on blogs as I wait to check out from the hotel here in Cosat Rica. You two NEED to come here. Talk about slowing down!! Nothing is fast and frenzy about Latin America!

See you in about a week