Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fun with Mom!

My mom came to visit a few weeks ago. She came over on a Tuesday and stayed until Thursday. We had a blast together! My mom is one of my best friends and I love getting to see her and my dad. My dad didn't make the hour trip. He had to work. I am sure by the time he comes over, I will have a mile long list of repairs for him to help with-hehe!

When my mom arrived on Tuesday, she looked at my flower beds. I had just gotten my lawn company to come and get the grass out of them and planted some beautiful flowers that my mom had gotten me the week before when I was over at her house. Well, by the time she came over the next week to look at them, the ivy and most of the flowers on some plants had been eaten by RABBITS!!! We have rabbits everywhere in our community...it is SO ANNOYING! All of the money wasted for the rabbits to eat the leaves! My mom thought the flower beds looked great but I think she was a little partial! hehe! My mom and dad have a BEAUTIFUL yard! They take really good care of their flowerbeds and it seems every time I talk to them, they are planting a new bush, tree or flowers. I definitely didn't inherit a green thumb from them!

We went to eat mexican food, which we always seem to do because we LOVE it! La Hacienda is our favorite! So much for the diet- oh well!

After eating, we went shopping and we got a wild hair! I have had curtains that I had planned on hanging two or three years ago. We saw some curtains at the store and decided to hang mine. We bought some curtain rods and went home. Wow! Hanging curtains is hard work! No wonder my dad was always in charge of this project when I was growing up. We would just stand and look up at what he was doing...a lot of help I am sure! My mom decided that I was a little quicker than my dad though. Whereas he likes to get his tape measure out and get everything perfectly precise, I just start nailing things up on the wall...I think I get this from my mom! I use my non standard measurement. I think this comes from being a Kindergarten teacher for so long. In class, we would measure with unifix cubes, frog counters, teddy bears, etc. I decided that I would measure by using the item I was screwing into the wall. After getting the curtains up, we had tons of little blue plastic things left that we couldn't figure out what to do with. We called my dad later that evening to tell him how we had hung curtains on four sets of windows. He was excited probably because that meant he would have one less thing to do when he came over to my house next. When I asked him about the blue plastic items, he told me how those were supposed to help get the screws in the wall and secure the rods. So...he may have to redo the curtains after all...all I know is that they are still on the wall and haven't fallen yet! Knock on wood! Mission accomplished:) Here are some pictures of them.

1 comment:

Eigna said...

We have little rabbits in our neighborhood, too. They haven't eaten anything in our yard, yet. Maybe that can be my new excuse why we don't have flower beds! I think I have a black thumb. :)
Ang